FileMaker pro forever delivers a nice aesthetic to databases design, & now the new properties lend tighter security including the ability to create an uber web-friendly custom app. As well as providing the tools required to optimize your apps or deployment in Go and WebDirect. You can take the guided tour of FileMaker android read numerous guides on getting started and creating the solution. Today’s announcement builds on that, but focuses more on the “lower end of the tech acumen spectrum,” as FileMaker online is directors of platform evangelism Andrew LeCates told me.
With this release, FileMaker pro for mac is launching some new starter apps that allow even novice users to build a contacts app quickly, a task management service, or an asset and inventory tracker, for example. The ceremony always featured starter apps, of course, but as LeCate noted, overtimes, those become larger including more complex, to the point where new users couldn’t just take them and quickly learn from them. With the new starter app, the FileMaker license team focused on making them both easily adaptable to most companies need, but also as a learning tool that gives the new user an accessible way to see how the team structures the database that powers those apps among another thing.
Too fresh in this version is a redesigned layout mode that now makes the overall layout tool more discoverable. Moreover, for users who want to create a master-detail layout like in the example below (with the navigation ‘master’ items in a menu on the left and the details in a large pane on the right), FileMaker pro download now offers the tools to do that, too. Until now, that wasn’t possible because of the way the software handled just of the database queries necessary to build this is a kind of structure.
- FileMaker Advanced and Server editions. Advanced includes all the properties in with the addition of developer
- tools. The server is for sharing databases over a network and the web.
- Data Viewer; a window showing value in fields and variables, as well as a place to check calculation.
- Debugger; a window that steps you through the script one time and allows you to control the flow of the script.
- DDR; The essential report that identifies locations and uses of layouts, fields, calculations in your file.
- Developer Tools; An oft-overlooked panel that allows you to work with the file as a whole to beef up security.